About unbodyAll you need to know about unbody
Unbody is a content management solution that lets you use any existing interface like Google Drive or Slack or just a folder/file on your desktop as a heedless CMS. With Unbody, you can connect your content to your website or apps wherever you create it, and each update will be instantly reflected on your site.
For years we have been using CMSs to manage the content for our websites, but it’s time to shake things up. Unbody is one of the best solutions (if not the only one) that lets you use any existing interface to manage your website's content; interfaces that you already know and use in your daily life.
With Unbody, there's no need to waste time and money learning a new CMS or copying and pasting content from different sources. You can manage your website's content, whether it’s in a Google Drive doc, a Slack channel, or a folder on your laptop.
- Save time and money Unbody eliminates the need to develop and maintain a separate content management system, saving you time and money.
- Use apps you love With Unbody, you don't need to learn how to use a new CMS. You can use the tools you already know and love to manage your website's content.
- Semantic search Unbody offers semantic search for both text and image content out of the box, allowing you to search for content based on its meaning, not just its keywords.
- Powerful image processing Unbody includes a powerful on-the-fly image processing API, allowing you to easily optimize, resize, and watermark your images.
You can connect your content to your website wherever you create it, and you can continue using the tools you’re already familiar with. Using Unbody is simple and straightforward:
- Connect to your source First, you'll need to connect Unbody to the platform or interface that you want to use as your CMS. This could be Google Drive, Slack, or any other supported platform.
- Fetch your content Next, you can use Unbody's GraphQL API to fetch your content and display it on your website. You can also set up update hooks to receive webhook calls whenever your content is updated, so your website stays up-to-date automatically.
- Build your website With your content in place and the headless nature of Unbody, you can use your favorite web development tools and frameworks to build the rest of your website.
That's it! With just a few simple steps, you can use Unbody to display your website's content, without the need of a dedicated CMS interface.
Vs other solutions
Unbody vs CMS
Unbody is a content management solution that functions like a headless CMS but it is not really a CMS. Unbody offers an alternative way to traditional content management systems. Unlike other CMSs, which come with a built-in interface for managing content, with Unbody you have the ability to manage the content on your website through any interface of your choice. Furthermore, any existing CMS —regardless of being headless or not— such as Contentful, Strapi, and Netlify CMS, all have built-in interfaces for managing content. While these interfaces can be useful, they can also be limiting and require additional learning and effort to use effectively. In contrast, Unbody allows users to use the tools and interfaces they are already familiar with, such as Google Drive or Slack, to manage their content.
Unbody vs Zappier or IFTTT
While both Unbody and automation tools like Zapier or IFTTT automate tasks between apps, Unbody is a specialized content management solution that offers unique features such as semantic search and powerful image processing. It allows you to use any interface as a CMS, giving you the flexibility to manage your website's content with the tools you already know and love. Furthermore, Unbody enhances the content with its image and video processing APIs and feeds them into a vector search database, which makes the content more accessible and searchable.
While Zapier and IFTTT focus on automating tasks between apps, Unbody is specifically designed for managing and displaying website content in an efficient and effective way.
Unbody is a powerful content management solution, but it has certain limitations that users should be aware of. Here are a few things that Unbody cannot do and is not good for:
Unbody is designed to be simple and straightforward to use, but that also means that it is not as customizable as other CMS solutions. While you can use your favorite web development tools and frameworks to build the rest of your website, the options for customization may be limited.
Limited access control
Unbody currently processes and exposes any content from its entry-points, such as a folder on Google Drive, via its content API. While the content is protected by an API key, Unbody does not currently distinguish between private or public sources. This means that if your source of content includes both private and public folders, Unbody will expose the content in both folders via its content API protected by the API key.
It's important to keep in mind that Unbody is not a one-size-fits-all solution, and it may not be the best choice for certain types of projects. However, for simple to moderate complexity content, Unbody can be an efficient and cost-effective way to manage website content, but it is not suitable for projects where access control is a critical requirement.
Having all this said, we are working on our capabilities and trying to overcome these limitations. The feature is bright ☀️